Peace Meeting Monday, April 28th 6:30-9PM
Aloha Peace Ohana,
There will be a peace meeting Monday, April 28th, but instead of the usual time 7-9PM this one will start at 6:30PM at the Keaau Community Center with the first half hour devoted to Brainstorming strategy on the anti-war movement for some fresh approaches and ideas. The regular meeting will start at 7PM.
Come for all or part, whatever time you have. Your ideas and input are appreciated and much needed.
Among items on the agenda will be
1. Military refusing to clean up their DU opala.
2. An appeal to military personnel to come forward with info on DU training in Hawaii
3. Strategy to get our elected officials and candidates to address the DU and war issue.
4. Upcoming County Council Reso on DU and presentation by Dr. Lorrin Pang, M.D.
5. Report on new anti-war ideas.
We meet on the 2nd and 4th Mondays of the Month. Next month's meetings will be May 12th and 26th.
On May 26th we will be having a speaker from Iraq. His name is Raed Jarrar and is doing a speaking tour sponsored by the Quaker based organization, The American Friends Service Committee. It should be a very informative meeting. Because of possible broader involvement we are exploring having the public forum at a church hall in Hilo. We will send out notices but mark your calendar for Monday, May 26th 6-8PM.