Army confirms DU at the military's Pohakuloa Training Area (PTA) on Hawaii island

Aloha Kakou,
Two press people have called to inform me that the Army says they have confirmed the presence of DU at Pohakuloa through aerial observation of the impact area.  News stories will be in the press tomorrow.  I was asked for a response.
 
I made some brief points including that I wasn't durprised in the least.  To the Associated press person I said that all live-fire training at PTA, Schofield Barracks and other ranges in Hawaii should be stopped since live-fire can result in the further dispersal of DU.  The confirmation through direct observation rather than through Army records shows poor Army record keeping to say the least. 
 
I also called for Dr. Pang to be part of further Army DU monitoring. I also recommended Ku Ching, who has nuclear background work, and someone from the peace movement --all to insure transparency and the confidence of the community in the process of investigation.
 
Let me know any ideas you have to possibly be included in a press statement I want to issue tonight.
Mahalo.
 
Jim Albertini
Malu `Aina Center For Non-violent Education & Action
P.O. Box AB
`Ola`a (Kurtistown), Hawaii 96760
Phone 808-966-7622
email ja@interpac.net
www.malu-aina.org
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home